Senior Service Now Developer

Tyne and Wear
This project has been archived and is not accepting more applications.
Browse open projects on our job board.


Servicenow HTML JavaScript (Programming Language) Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) Agile Methodology Automation Business Processes Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) Regulatory Compliance Information Technology Infrastructure Libraries (ITIL) Public Service Telecommuting Service Delivery Software Engineering Usability Testing User Stories Testing AngularJS Hardworking and Dedicated Technical Acumen Safety Principles


Role: Senior Service Now Developer
Role Location: Hybrid (2 days in office - North West England)
Duration: 3 months
Contract Day Rate: £650
Status: Inside IR35

Essential skills and experience
* ITIL Qualification or experience/skills
* Demonstrate experience of working in a large scale organisation and/or Government or Public Sector installation of Service Now
* Experience of delivering new configuration and functionality to the ServiceNow Production instance in line with the Software Delivery Lifecycle.
* Ability to complete stories assigned or escalate blockers to ensure that development is completed to expected standards and are delivered within timescales Attend and participate in Agile ceremonies.
* Ability to complete development of user stories to the definition of "Done".
* Experience in building, configuring and implementing ServiceNow features, applications and integrations
* Experience of reviewing code and configuration changes made by other members of the delivery team to ensure compliance with Standards
* Providing support and guidance to members of the delivery teams and acting as a point of technical escalation
* Experience of building and testing simple integrations, or can work on more complex integration as part of a wider team
* Experienced in JavaScript within the ServiceNow platform, knowledge of the Glide API's. - Working Level
* Current ServiceNow platform Certification
* Minimum of 2 years' hand on Development experience on the platform

Nice-to-have skills and experience
* Agile Development
* Knowledge of Angular. HTML, CSS

Who the specialist will work with
The specialist will work with the existing Augmented Teams, this will consist of Digital staff and other 3rd party suppliers engaged in Service Now development work

What the specialist will work on
The specialist will need to be highly experienced with the ServiceNow product, able to deal with the day to day development and design of features and applications within the platform and contribute towards the design of the programme milestones.
- Specialist will design, develop ServiceNow platform improvements (meeting supplied requirements and deliverables) around platform capability/usability/stability
- New feature discovery; support business analysts/designers to investigate/guide requirements for new capabilities
- Software Development Lifecycle Process
- Service enhancement and new service delivery to the required standards
- Support integration and automation between Estate products

Work setup
Address where the work will take place
Sites: Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield or Newcastle

Working arrangements
Specialist will work 5 working days per week. The specialist will be mandated to attend site 40% of their working time in line with our Hybrid working policy working remotely for the remaining 60% of their time. (The 40% attendance is not negotiable). Days of attendance on site will be as determined by management. The specialist will be required to be online between the hours of 8:00AM - 17:00PM Monday to Friday

Security clearance
All suppliers must BPSS cleared and On-Shore

Cultural fit criteria
* Work well as the lead of a team and keep the team motivated to perform well
* Transfer knowledge gained through the team and be willing to share experiences across the wider department.
* Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
* Is accountable and takes responsibility for their work
* Can work with colleagues with little or no technical knowledge

Certes Computing (and all of its subsidiary companies) is committed to promoting equality and diversity in its business operations.

Start date
Dec 2022
3 months
Certes Computing Ltd
Published at
Project ID:
To apply to this project you must log in.