Looking for a mid-level web developer to work, remotely from home, with our development team on front-end web development for many of our eCommerce web stores, landing pages, and blogs. If hired, you'd work with the design and development team to develop web stores for eCommerce clients.
Development responsibilities would include:
- slicing/converting PSDs into HTML and CSS
- skinning websites built into either common ecommerce and content platforms (Magento, osCommerce, Volusion, Shopify, LightSpeed, SEOShp, Wordpress, etc.) or into our proprietary eCommerce/content management system.
- build custom front end functionality into these web stores when required
- test and review your work (Self QA)
- communicate with clients to make sure the what you're implementing meets their expectations
- identify when a clients request is outside the bounds of the original project scope
You'll be responsible for the front-end development and maintenance of our web properties. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience developing websites in one or more ecommerce platforms and one or more content management systems. Quick learner, ability to communicate with the less-than computer literate and a love of all things web. We'd like to hear from you if you believe you fit this description, and you meet the all requirements.
- 5+ years of experience working in HTML, CSS, PHP, jQuery and MySQL
- Experience with SCSS
- Experience working in Git
- Familiar with NPM and Gulp (for preprocessing)
- Familiarity with Photoshop
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, including non-programmers
- Self starter, organized and good with multi-tasking when necessary
- An understanding of best SEO practices
- Access to high-speed internet and a private space to work from (remotely)
- Must be located in North America (US or Canada, CA preferred) and be fluent in English
If you have a portfolio of previous jobs you've worked on, please provide a link. If you only worked on a portion of a project, please identify specifically what you did. Please provide one (1) personal reference and two (2) professional references. Please only contact us if you're prepared to complete two skills tests, which can take anywhere from 1 to 3 hours, depending on your skill level/knowledge. Also include your desired hourly rate.
working in HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL: 5 years
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Send resume, portfolio, desired hourly rate and your location (country).