We are looking for a number of talented freelance technical WordPress content writers to join our rapidly growing WordPress business. The position is a remote, freelance contract position and can be undertaken on a part time or full time basis (depending on how much work you can consistently commit to on a weekly basis).
About the role
You will be tasked with delivering 3 exceptionally high quality in-depth (approx.words per post depending on the type of post) blog posts per week focusing on specific topics related WordPress topics such as WordPress Themes, WordPress plugins, WordPress hosting reviews and other WordPress focused topics.
Examples of the kind of posts we’re looking for:
In-depth plugin reviews
“How to” style posts
We will provide topics/keywords and content briefs for all posts but also welcome your input on potential topics based on your own experiences in the WordPress community. You should be well versed in the Skyscraper approach of writing super epic, long form content that delivers value, is actionable and is “sharable” or “linkable”.
This is how we will work together on a weekly basis:
Who is the right kind of person for this role?
- At the end of each week we agree the 3 posts for the following week.
- We agree a delivery schedule for each post (e.g. Post 1 on Tuesday, Post 2 on Wednesday, Post 3 on Friday).
- You will write each post natively in WordPress
- You will ensure specific editorial standards and our writing style is adhered to
- You will add appropriate images and screenshots to each post
- You will ensure each post is free from typos and is 100% factually correct
Pay & Workload
- You can write excellent English to a native standard.
- You love remote working. Our team works remotely and hangs out on Slack all day. You can work from anywhere in the world!
- You obsess about accuracy and quality.
- You love writing and understand how to write content that Google loves.
- You love WordPress and have excellent WordPress skills
- You understand the importance of consistently delivering high quality work to strict deadlines.
- You are an excellent communicator and are a self starter
- You are Happy working solo (ie, without micromanaging or nagging)
- Basic HTML and PHP skills are a big bonus
You’ll be writing content based on an editorial calendar and payment is based on adhering to strict deadlines. We have as much work as you can handle. The minimum is 3 posts per week but we have writers who take on much more than this.
Writers get paid every other week in US dollars via Paypal. Our rates will vary based on skills and experience but are competitive with industry standards.
There are no set hours, and you can work when you choose on any time zone and in any location – provided you meet deadlines.
How to apply
Please send an email with:-
Format your subject line as follows:
- A sentence introduction explaining why you think you would be a good fit for the role.
- Desired rate per article (based on words)
- 3 URLs showcasing your writing skill
- Links to professional relevant profiles such as Linkedin, Upwork, etc
Your Name | Freelance Writer
Example: Jerry Seinfeld | Freelance Writer