What is Laravel and what is it used for?
Laravel is a free and open source PHP web framework that is used to develop websites and web applications that follow the Model-View-Controller (MVC) pattern.
Laravel is well scalable and designed to be expanded individually. It combines the best functions of other web frameworks, which also includes frameworks that were developed on the basis of completely different programming languages, such as Ruby on Rails, Sinatra and ASP.NET MVC.
Projects of any size can be implemented individually with Laravel. It is used in e-commerce, ticket and ordering systems, dashboards and admin backends for complex real-time applications.
Laravel offers different framework variants that are optimized for different implementation approaches. From classic e-commerce websites to highly dynamic one-page applications or real-time interfaces, Laravel covers everything.
With Laravel you get a comprehensive framework that considers all aspects of a web application, provides solutions and always works as a unit. From the tools with which the developers maintain and manage a project, to additional functions such as the collection of payments or the exchange of data in real time as well as various server services, everything that is necessary for the implementation and operation of professional web solutions is included.
Role of a Laravel developer
The primary role of a Laravel developer is to build and maintain innovative and modern web applications using web development tools. They also build and test reusable and efficient PHP modules and write secure modular codes.
A Laravel developer is in charge of designing and maintaining databases and must perform backend and User Interface tests on applications to optimize performance. They also collaborate and work with other developers in the company to fill data acquisition requirements.
They follow new industry trends and best practices in the area of web development and effectively convey the progress of the technical process, and any issues related to it, to the project manager in charge. They also test, troubleshoot and debug web applications.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Laravel developer?
- Build and maintain innovative and modern web applications using web development tools
- Build and test reusable and efficient PHP modules
- Write secular modular codes
- Design and maintain databases
- Perform backend and UI tests on applications to optimize performance
- Collaborate with other developers to fill data acquisition requirements
- Document entire process and plan
- Anticipate any changes during development
- Follow new industry trends and best practices in web development
- Convey progress of technical process to project manager
- Test, troubleshoot and debug web applications
Are you looking for a Laravel developer?
Find the right freelancer here
Skills of a Laravel developer
A Laravel developer has experience handling common third-party APIs and is familiar with unit testing software such as PHPUnit and Behat. They also have experience dealing with SQL/NoSQL databases and their query languages.
They have a good knowledge of version control tools and systems like Git and of developing web services and also have a good understanding of cloud servers like Rackspace and Digital Ocean.
A Laravel developer is also creative and is able to efficiently solve any problem that may arise. They have strong communication skills and the ability to think analytically.
What are the skills of a Laravel developer?
- Expert knowledge in PHP and the Laravel framework
- Strong understanding of OOP and MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of open source projects like Joomla and osCommerce
- Experience handling common third-party APIs
- Familiarity with unit testing software such as PHPUnit and Behat
- Experience in dealing with SQL/NoSQL databases and their query languages
- Good knowledge of version control tools and systems like Git
- Knowledge of developing web services
- Good understanding of cloud servers like Rackspace and Digital Ocean
- Efficiency in solving any problem
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical thinking
Join our IT freelance community now
A Laravel developer must ideally have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or a related subject. They must also be passionate about coding and have the desire to develop new ideas.
While a Master’s degree is not needed, employers may favour candidates who have one in the subjects mentioned above.
The salary of a Laravel developer depends on a number of factors such as the position they occupy, the skills they may have and the industry they’re in.
A developer who’s just starting out makes around $64,000 per year whereas a developer in a more senior position can earn around $94,300 per year. The average salary in the United States is $78,000 per year.
In Germany, the salary range per year is €35,400 – €54,200, whereas in the UK, the range is £25, 500 – £48,100.
How much do Laravel developers make?
How much does a freelance Laravel developer make?
The freelancermap rate index in March 2021 showed an average hourly rate of $32 amongst Laravel developers. Working this rate out to an 8-hour day, the daily average is around $256.
Looking for Laravel developer vacancies?
Find Laravel developer jobs here