A blogger is responsible for writing, editing, posting and promoting content in the form of blog posts. They generate ideas for said content and maximise website traffic by utilising Search Engine Optimization keywords. What does a blogger do?
A blogger generates engaging, relevant and original content for websites. They research different topics – sometimes within the same industry, sometimes not – and develop posts that appeal to a company’s (or their own) target audience.
Bloggers have excellent writing skills and have a strong understanding of industry trends and insights. They are proficient with computers and are especially knowledgeable about content management software.
Are bloggers in demand? Since blogging is still relevant in 2022, with a rough 409 million internet users reading about 20 billion blog pages monthly, it is safe to say that bloggers are and continue to be in demand.
Bloggers are responsible for generating, researching and pitching innovative ideas for blogs. They write engaging content and then publish and promote the same content using various methods such as emails, newsletters, and on social media channels.
They invite other bloggers and experts to contribute content to the webpage and work with editors and clients to shape the material so it can be published.
Bloggers advocate and educate users about topics or products and maximise site traffic by utilising SEO keywords. They also monitor responses to posts via the website or social media.
They analyse web analytics data to measure content performance and conduct basic website updates. Bloggers are also responsible for managing subscriptions and email newsletters and creating and requesting backlinks to increase website rating.
What responsibilities do bloggers have?
- Generating, researching and pitching innovative ideas for blogs
- Writing engaging content
- Publishing and promoting content using various methods
- Inviting other bloggers and experts to contribute content to webpage
- Work with editors and clients to shape the material
- Advocate and educate users about topics or products
- Maximise website traffic by utilising SEO keywords
- Monitor responses via website or social media
- Analyse web analytics data to measure content performance
- Conduct basic website updates
- Manage subscriptions and email newsletters
- Create and request backlinks to increase website rating
Bloggers are exceptionally skilled when it comes to writing and have a strong understanding of their target audience and industry trends. They have strong knowledge of SEO and SEM tools and techniques as well as basic understanding of HTML and domain hosting.
These bloggers are familiar with CMS like WordPress and Squarespace and have basic proofreading and copyediting skills.
They are proficient with MS office and are familiar with different social media platforms and marketing techniques.
They are extremely creative and adaptable and have exceptional research, and communication skills. Bloggers also, in general, have strong analytical and presentation skills and have the ability to work under strict deadlines.
What skills do you need to be a blogger?
- Strong writing skills
- Strong understanding of target audience and industry trends
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM tools and techniques
- Basic understanding of HTML and domain hosting
- Familiarity with CMS like WordPress and Squarespace
- Basic proofreading and copyediting skills
- Proficiency with MS office
- Familiarity with different social media platforms and marketing techniques
- Strong research skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
Join our IT freelancer community today! Create your freelance profile in just 2 minutes.
A Bachelor’s degree is often the first step to working as a blogger. This can be in English, Journalism, Communication, Marketing or any other related field.
There are also numerous courses available online that can help boost your skills and your career. You can find some of these courses below:
- Blogging Masterclass: How To Build A Successful Blog In 2022
- Ryan Robinson Blogging Course
- Blogging Course: Learn How to Start a Blog and Create a Blogging Strategy for Your Business
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) with Squarespace
- 3-Step Writing System: Blogging & Writing Secrets
The salary of a blogger can vary depending on factors such as skills and industry. A junior blogger can expect to earn around $23,000 per year whereas a more established blogger can earn around $48,000 per year. The average salary for a blogger, according to Glassdoor, is $33,000.
In Germany, the average salary for bloggers is €35,000 whereas in the UK, the average is £26,600.
How much do bloggers make?
What is the average salary of bloggers?
How much does a freelance blogger make?
bloggers on freelancermap charge on average:
Rates in this field range between $33 and $106/hour for most freelancers.
The daily rate for bloggers (8 working hours) would be around:
Other interesting job profiles
- What does an E-Commerce Manager do?
- What Does a Content Manager Do?
- What Does A Blogger Do?
- What does a Key Account Manager do?
- What does a Brand manager do?