A Solidity developer is responsible for developing intelligent contracts in applications based on Ethereum using the Solidity programming language. They create smart contracts in decentralised applications and are in charge of creating high-security technologies. What does a Solidity engineer do?
What is a Solidity engineer?
With the increasing popularity of concepts like Web3 and decentralisation, the job market is going through a period of high demand for everything related to Blockchain.
For professionals in the development field, this means new career possibilities in programming with languages aimed at creating projects in this sector.
One of these possibilities is Solidity engineering.
Is there a demand for Solidity developers?
Because Solidity is a relatively new language, finding experienced programmers is becoming increasingly difficult and, according to Turing, this makes the demand for Solidity engineers extremely high at the moment.
If you are one of those who are desperately looking for a Solidity expert, do not hesitate to contact our experts for free! > Solidity developers
What are Solidity engineers responsible for?
Now that you know a bit about Solidity, let’s take a look at what a Solidity developer does exactly. In general, this professional acts as a specialist in programming with the Solidity language.
They are primarily responsible for developing smart contracts in decentralised applications based on Ethereum and other EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) Blockchains.
These developers are in charge of the network architecture and are responsible for developing its security standards.
Solidity engineers also create reusable and efficient code and make sure that Blockchain technology is integrated seamlessly with existing applications.
Lastly, Solidity engineers work with product managers, designers, engineers, and other multidisciplinary teams to develop, plan, and collaborate on features and new ideas.
Responsibilities of a Solidity engineer:
- Development and management of smart contracts and dApps
- Network architecture and security standards development
- Technical review assessment of existing Blockchain solutions
- Create high-security technologies
- Development of new features and improvements for existing Blockchain projects
- Solidity code integration on different platforms
- Integration of Blockchain technology with existing applications
- Development of new ideas in collaboration with product managers and multidisciplinary teams
What are the skills of a Solidity engineer?
They should have a deep understanding of Blockchain technology and related concepts and ought to be familiar with the Ethereum Blockchain and its many functions and applications.
These developers must possess knowledge of ERC20, ERC721, and other protocols and should have a good understanding of fundamental encryption mechanisms.
They must ideally also have experience in peer-to-peer networking, familiarity with test-driven development, and must have basic knowledge of database technology, such as SQL.
The profession requires a combination of soft skills that are quite common in the IT field, including flexibility, self-education and attention to detail.
Professionals in the area must also present good communication and ease in teamwork, being able to understand and be understood by clients and co-workers without major difficulties.
What are the skills of a Solidity engineer?
- Extensive knowledge of Solidity
- Knowledge of Blockchain technology and related concepts
- Familiarity with the Ethereum Blockchain, its functions and applications
- Experience in developing smart contracts
- Experience in the architecture and design of Blockchain projects and applications
- Familiarity and experience with project development on other Blockchain platforms
- Knowledge of ERC20, ERC721, and other protocols
- Good understanding of fundamental encryption mechanisms
- Experience in peer-to-peer networking
- Familiarity with test-driven development
- Basic knowledge of database technology, such as SQL
- Ability to be flexible
- Willingness to learn
- Good attention to delta
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
Looking for your next IT challenge? Check the latest projects available:
> IT freelance projects
How do you become a Solidity engineer?
To become a Solidity developer you will likely need a bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a similar field.
Apart from that, the most important thing you need to consider to work in this area is familiarity with concepts and tools related to Blockchain development. Reading Ethereum and Solidity documentation, for example, is indispensable for a deeper understanding of how to write smart contracts.
In addition, more and more courses, tutorials and online learning communities are being created with the aim of training new Blockchain developers and helping those who already work in the area.
- Ethereum Blockchain Developer Bootcamp With Solidity
- Master Ethereum & Solidity Programming From Scratch in 2022
- Cadena Blockchain Course
- Blockchain Programming Fundamentals: Ethereum and Solidity
How much do Solidity engineers make?
Now you may be wondering whether it is worth learning Solidity. Well, let us tell you that due to the shortage of talent and the rather new niche, Solidity is very well paid.
As in every industry and role, the exact salary for a Solidity developer will vary depending on a number of factors such as company type and size, the experience level the developer could gather, and/or the location.
Generally though, if we take a look at the salaries in the US, a Solidity engineer who’s just starting out can earn around $83,500 per year whereas those with extensive experience can earn around $221,000 per year. The average salary for Solidity developers is $159,000 per year.
In Germany, for example, Solidity engineers can earn around €49,000 – €70,000 / year whereas in the UK, salaries range between £40,000 – £80,000.
Solidity engineers salary:
|US||$83,500 – $221,000|
|Germany||€49,000 – €70,000|
|UK||£40,000 – £80,000|
How much do freelance Solidity engineers make?
Solidity Engineer on freelancermap charge on average:
Rates in this field range between $33 and $106/hour for most freelancers.
The daily rate for Solidity Engineer (8 working hours) would be around:
Other interesting job profiles
- What does a C++ Developer do?
- What does a DevOps Engineer do?
- What does a Database Developer do?
- What does a Cognos Developer do?
- What Does A CRM Developer Do?