A rollout manager is in charge of planning, managing, and maintaining the rollout of the deployment activities and project plans for a customer or business. These professionals act as the key interface of the customer or business and take care of the management of all internal and external resources. What does a rollout manager do?
Before we talk more about the role of a rollout manager, let’s take a look at what rollout actually means.
The term Rollout is an informal business term that refers to the introduction of a new product or service to the market. Businesses and organisations often accompany rollouts with a strong marketing campaign, to generate consumer interest.
Managers in charge of rollout are responsible for ensuring all deliverables are available according to the project scope. They also often engage with relevant stakeholders and secure availability and accuracy of deployment work orders.
Find the right rollout manager for your business here
Responsibilities of a Rollout Manager
A rollout manager is in charge of creating, maintaining and managing deployment project plans and analysing the feasibility of service requests submitted in terms of resources, planning and quality.
They support implementation teams to go-live in a timely manner and ensure that the delivery scope and budget are maintained.
Rollout managers flag and resolve any issues to ensure a smooth transition to the live environment and monitor, track and ensure deliveries of equipment and installation materials, when necessary.
What are rollout managers responsible for?
- Create, maintain and manage deployment project plans
- Analyse the feasibility of service requests submitted
- Support implementation teams to go-live in a timely manner
- Ensure that the delivery scope and budget are maintained
- Flag and resolve any issues to ensure a smooth transition to the live environment
- Monitor, track and ensure deliveries of equipment and installation materials
- Ensure all necessary documentation is delivered on time
- Monitor performance of project teams and subcontractors
- Ensure that deployment management relies on verified schedules and forecasts
- Determine the causes of any perceived deviations
- Monitors and controls product rollout through operational KPIs
Join our IT freelancer community today! Create your freelance profile in just 2 minutes.
Skills of a Rollout Manager
A rollout manager has experience with mobilising teams and international template building and a thorough understanding of business processes and business transformation or change management.
They have the flexibility needed to work in different areas of expertise and have proven experience in writing functional specifications.
They also have sound MS Office skills and a strong knowledge of deployment tasks such as on-site deliveries, installation, acceptance, etc.
Rollout managers have strong customer-focused skills as well as excellent decision-making, problem-solving and management skills. They have thorough experience in leading and realising change within an organisation and are able to communicate effectively as well.
What are the skills of a rollout manager?
- Experience with mobilising teams
- International template building
- Thorough understanding of business processes
- Knowledge of business transformation and change management
- Ability to work in different areas of expertise
- Proven experience in writing functional specifications
- Strong MS Office skills
- Strong knowledge of deployment tasks such as on site deliveries, installation, acceptance, etc.
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Strong customer-focused skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong management skills
- Good project management skills
- Thorough experience in leading change when needed
- Strong communication skills
Find the right rollout project for yourself now
Background and education
A Bachelor’s degree is not strictly necessary to work as a rollout manager. This role can be achieved through training and well-founded expertise with regard to the products being supported.
Nevertheless, you can always boost your chances of finding a good job by obtaining certifications. Check out options for these down below:
- Ultimate Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access
- Salesforce Release/Deployment Management – A Complete Guide
- The Complete Business Process Management (BPM) Master Class
Salary of a Rollout Manager
A rollout manager typically earns $98,000 per year on average. On the higher end, these managers can earn around $158,000 whereas on the lower end, they can earn around $62,000 per year.
In Germany, the salary range for this position is €23,000-€107,000 whereas in the UK, the range is £25,000-£69,000.
Keep in mind that these numbers can change depending on what your role is, the level of experience and skills you have, and the industry you’re in.
How much do rollout managers make?
|US||$62,000 – $158,000|
|Germany||€23,000 – €107,000|
|UK||£25,000 – £69,000|
How much do freelance rollout managers make?
Rollout Manager on freelancermap charge on average:
Rates in this field range between $40 and $96/hour for most freelancers.
The daily rate for Rollout Managers (8 working hours) would be around:
Other interesting job profiles
- What does a Compliance Manager do?
- What does an IT Business Analyst do?
- What does a Requirements Manager do?
- What does a Test Engineer do?
- What Does A Project Manager Do?